Whether biking, hiking, or simply taking a stroll, Spring is a fantastic time for a York County Heritage Rail Trail adventure! If you’re looking for a staycation or a weekend getaway, there are great lodging options of all shapes and sizes in close proximity to the trail. While not an exhaustive list, here are a few lodging options within walking distance (less than a mile) of the Heritage Rail Trail.
The Heritage Rail Trail extends more than 27 miles, winding through scenic areas of southern York County. The trail is a 10-foot wide, compacted-stone surface connecting the historic district of Downtown York, Pennsylvania, with Maryland’s Torrey C. Brown Trail (formerly known as the Northern Central Rail Trail). Several historic features are also a apart of the trail, including Howard Tunnel, four railroad bridges, New Freedom Train Station, and Hanover Junction Train Station-all of which are listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- GRACE MANOR BED & BREAKFAST: 258 West Market St, York, PA 17401; 4-bedroom, Bed & Breakfast located in the WeCo District of Downtown York.
- LADY LINDEN BED & BREAKFAST: 505 Linden Ave, York, PA, 17401; Queen Anne-Style Victorian Bed & Breakfast, located in the Avenues Neighborhood of York City.
- ONE SOUTH BOUTIQUE HOTEL & VENUE: 1 S. George Street, York, PA 17401; Boutique, modern hotel rooms overlooking the beautiful Continental Square of Downtown York.
- THE YORKTOWNE HOTEL: 48 E. Market St, York, PA 17401; 123-Room Historic York Hotel, featuring 27 extended stay suites, a rooftop bar, and guest room dining
- GLEN ROCK MILL INN: 50 Water St, Glen Rock, PA 17327; Historic, former Gristmill transformed into an 11-room inn and upscale restaurant directly adjacent to the trail.
- THE CREEK HOUSE: 123 Demo St, Railroad, PA 17355; 2-bedroom, short-term rental cottage with creek access, a private yard, and a ﬁre pit.
- THE JACKSON HOUSE BED & BREAKFAST: 6 Main St E, Railroad, PA 17355; 6-room Bed & Breakfast located in small town Railroad, only feet from the trail.
- SUMMIT GROVE CAMP & CONFERENCE CENTER: 140 S. Front St, New Freedom, PA 17349; Campground & Conference Center featuring a variety of lodging options including 11 A-Frame cabins, a 22-room lodge, a 12-room motel, RV and tent sites, and a 4-room dormitory.